On my first trip to Europe, I heard a song in the Greek islands that roused me to get up and dance. Because I heard it everywhere, it became the single defining song of my first backpacking trip as an independent solo traveller.
- Global nomad. Overseas Chinese. Third Culture Kid. Blogger. Grant writer. Project director. Sightreader.
Subscribe to Anne Ku's updates via email
Recent Posts from Concertblog: Concert Blog
The 2017 theme for the annual Hanwell Carnival in London is Blues Brothers. I have my sunglasses and just need to borrow a man’s jacket, a thin tie, and a black hat. I can’t wait to join the Hanwell Ukulele Group (HUG) to strum and sing together on a float in the parade.
It doesn’t take long to learn to play a few basic chords on the ukulele and join an uke club to strum, sing, and socialize. No other instrument allows the beginner to practice playing in the relaxed company of others and travel the world with it.
Sir Roger Moore, who played 007 in seven James Bond movies, has died. The instant I heard the unfortunate news I also heard the James Bond Theme in my head.
If it weren’t for world premieres, we will never hear the likes of great masterpieces who have passed the test of time. Pianist Nicola Meecham will be premiering solo works of six British composers on Thursday 15th June at the Warehouse Waterloo, a new concert venue in London.
We musicians categorize our audiences based on age group and demographics. At one glance, you can usually tell which group they belong to. Is it possible to get to know them individually?
Recent Posts: Maui Tips for Newcomers
It’s a warm sunny day in Utrecht, the fourth largest city in the Netherlands, where the Romans stopped in 6 BC convinced that venturing further north would only lead them into swamp lands. Here the hand-laid brick paths pave the narrow streets that reek centuries of history and culture. The tallest building is the famous […]
Sadly I have succumbed to the high cost of living debacle and decided to leave now so that I may return again.
TagsAmsterdam Anne Ku arrangement Bahamas Boston charging station concert course dad death electric vehicle EV father free writing grand piano guitar Hawaii high school Kahului Kubasaki London Maui Maui College Miami monument house music music theory Netherlands Okinawa piano reunion sheet music sightreading song Steinway sustainability Taichung Taiwan transportation travel UH Maui College ukulele Utrecht Wailuku writing
- Opus: Live is Life for ukulele June 19, 2017
- A novel to escape from reality June 11, 2017
- Happy Birthday chord melody arrangement for ukulele June 10, 2017
- Becoming a minimalist: ridding stuff to regain space and time June 8, 2017
- I want to ride my bicycle May 20, 2017
- Performing piano premieres: Nicola Meecham May 14, 2017
- Day dream job believer May 12, 2017
- Public releasable: documents for public release, freely downloadable May 1, 2017
- From concert to entertainment: Earth Day celebrations April 25, 2017
- Marmie (Birmingham, May 1998 – London, April 11, 2017) April 13, 2017
- Sustainability reporting: acronyms and concepts February 28, 2017
- Electric vehicles in paradise: the newspaper column that was February 26, 2017
- My Thai after five days with Chef June – Thai Food Made Easy January 25, 2017
- New music to calm your soul: Giovanni Allevi December 18, 2016
- I Left My Heart in San Francisco for solo piano December 18, 2016
- Anak for piano solo December 17, 2016
- Minimalist, frugal living, and the path to zero waste management November 22, 2016
- All things Dutch and wonderful September 27, 2016
- Moving out, moving over, and moving on September 17, 2016
- Like-minded souls and their passion to collect sheet music September 12, 2016