Anyone who wants to sing a song by reading music notes will need to be able to identify the intervals (i.e. distance between notes) and how they should sound. Unless you have perfect, a.k.a. absolute, pitch, you will need to reference the sound of the second note from the first pitch (sound of the first note).
- Global nomad. Overseas Chinese. Third Culture Kid. Blogger. Grant writer. Project director. Sightreader.
Subscribe to Anne Ku's updates via email
Recent Posts from Concertblog: Concert Blog
Anne Ku arranged a version of the popular Sinatra song Fly Me to the Moon for easy piano with full fingering and chords — and free download of the 2-page sheet music.
There are many kinds of sheet music for the popular Chinese song Dan Yuan Ren Chang Jiu sung at Mid-Autumn Festival.
From BEGIN’s Hana to Kina’s Hana, Anne Ku is on a quest for nostalgic songs of Okinawa.
A love song played over loud speakers at the 2015 annual Maui Okinawan Festival brought back memories of growing up on Okinawa.
The guitar duo of Mark and Beverly Davis gave a memorable performance at Great Falls Discovery Center in Western Massachusetts, featuring the beloved “Lass of Patey’s Mill”
Recent Posts: Maui Tips for Newcomers
There are more than 11 things that are weirdly missing in Hawaii, if you are coming from stateside, or the mainland, as we call it.
Paradise is a paradox. The abundance of sun, wind, and ocean does not translate to free energy.
TagsAnne Ku Bahamas book China Chinese course dad death digital piano Facebook fan father Father's Day free writing grammar Hawaii high school iPad Kahului Kubasaki language let it go London Mandarin Maui Maui College Miami music Netherlands Okinawa opera orchestra piano piano class piano ensemble piano lessons reunion sheet music Taichung Taiwan travel UH Maui College Utrecht workshop writing
- How to remember music intervals and why October 3, 2015
- More than teaching piano September 27, 2015
- Happy Thai Girl on Thai Cooking Made Easy September 20, 2015
- 9/11 piano concert on Maui September 12, 2015
- Teaching from the gut August 3, 2015
- Kubasaki High School Reunion Cruise: part four July 24, 2015
- Kubasaki High School Reunion Cruise: part three July 23, 2015
- Kubasaki High School Reunion Cruise: part two July 23, 2015
- Kubasaki High School Reunion Cruise: part one July 23, 2015
- Utrecht: the Roman city of cyclists June 30, 2015
- Solo piano concert: tribute to the music of James Horner June 23, 2015
- Dad’s favorite songs June 21, 2015
- A song for dad: diamonds and rust June 21, 2015
- Somewhere in time before iPhones June 10, 2015
- Celebrating 300,000 visitors to Concertblog June 10, 2015
- Classical guitar: intimate, personal, and vulnerable June 4, 2015
- Jukebox Piano Class: Stand By Me for Easy Piano April 20, 2015
- Elegant but easy to play music from “Still Alice” March 15, 2015
- How to write music people want to play March 3, 2015
- Maui Wordcamp: a WordPress conference in paradise February 17, 2015
December 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31