In 2006, I moved to Utrecht, the fourth largest city in the Netherlands, eager to join the cyclists on the streets of cobblestones. For the previous two years I was commuting from Bussum, a village of 10,000, by train to Utrecht and by foot to Utrecht Conservatory. Continue reading
- Global nomad. Overseas Chinese. Third Culture Kid. Blogger. Grant writer. Project director. Sightreader.
Subscribe to Anne Ku's updates via email
Recent Posts from Concertblog: Concert Blog
Inspired by the 2014 documentary “Alive Inside,” Anne Ku tries to create a playlist for elderly residents by sight-reading popular music from different eras, TV themes, broadway, movies, and the charts.
James Horner’s sudden death rocked the film music industry. Fans of the Titanic theme have arranged it easy versions for piano solo and other instruments, too.
Anne Ku connects the themes of rose, Father’s Day, the brain, and Alzheimer’s Disease to pay tribute and raise awareness at the Rose Concert 2015. She premieres Emre Aki’s “Little Angel” dedicated to his daughter.
A few pieces from Anne Ku’s Mother’s Day Concert at Roselani Place, May 10, 2015
Honolulu-based Streetlight Cadence crowdfunds their next album Beyond Paradise for next destination: California
Recent Posts: Maui Tips for Newcomers
One of the ways to reduce the cost of daily living on Maui is to use the right kind of light bulb because we pay the highest electricity tariffs in the nation.
I caught myself confessing to a stranger that I am doing everything I possibly can to live on Maui. All the reasons that attracted me here are the ones that lure me to stay. Besides teaching 7 classes to 90 students, running two grant-funded projects, giving private piano lessons and ad hoc gigs, I’m also […]
TagsAnne Ku Chinese course creating dad death digital piano easy piano Edventure energy fan father Father's Day feedback free writing Hawaii iPad Kahului let it go London Maui Maui College mayor music Netherlands Okinawa opera orchestra personal piano piano class piano ensemble pre-writing sheet music Taichung Taiwan travel UH Maui College UHMC Utrecht website Wordpress workshop writing writing workshop
- Utrecht: the Roman city of cyclists June 30, 2015
- Solo piano concert: tribute to the music of James Horner June 23, 2015
- Dad’s favorite songs June 21, 2015
- A song for dad: diamonds and rust June 21, 2015
- Somewhere in time before iPhones June 10, 2015
- Celebrating 300,000 visitors to Concertblog June 10, 2015
- Classical guitar: intimate, personal, and vulnerable June 4, 2015
- Jukebox Piano Class: Stand By Me for Easy Piano April 20, 2015
- Elegant but easy to play music from “Still Alice” March 15, 2015
- How to write music people want to play March 3, 2015
- Maui Wordcamp: a WordPress conference in paradise February 17, 2015
- Learn Piano February 2, 2015
- Mandarin course on Maui 顧恩以教中文 February 2, 2015
- The two Cs February 2, 2015
- Shock via social media February 1, 2015
- The making of a fan December 16, 2014
- Biggest Fan December 16, 2014
- Saying no and letting go November 7, 2014
- Figs glorious figs November 3, 2014
- Dad said Confucius says October 11, 2014
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31